The 7 Types of Content That Get the Most Engagement:
The delivery of content is just as crucial as its quality, as it plays a significant role in driving engagement and generating links.
Certain types of content consistently outperform others by providing a greater return on investment and fostering stronger audience engagement.
|The 7 Types of Content That Get the Most Engagement|
While you have the freedom to explore various content options, if you encounter a creative block during your next brainstorming session, it may be beneficial to explore one or more of these suggestions.
1- Authority Content:
Authority content refers to a particular kind of content that focuses on establishing your expertise or your brand's credibility within a specific industry.
(At times, this credibility is also referred to as topical authority, which essentially means that others perceive you as knowledgeable in the subject matter.)
To drive traffic, attract attention, engage with your audience, and acquire backlinks, it is highly effective to create well-thought-out authority content. Google specifically values this type of content, making it one of the most effective methods to enhance your search engine results pages (SERPs) ranking.
You can identify authority content by:
- Including links to scientific studies or other highly credible sources.
- Providing in-depth analysis of a topic and incorporating links to related subtopics within the piece (authority content often consists of content pillars).
- Offering specialized knowledge that is not easily accessible elsewhere.
3- Noteworthy Opinion Articles:
4- Instructional Content
5- Unique Research Articles
What could be more valuable than content that is well-researched and
Content that is supported by original research adds an extra layer of
A considerable portion of today's content is derived from existing content, which, in some cases, is based on other existing content.
However, there are instances when the content is based on original research.
When executed properly, original research becomes a powerhouse that drives engagement, leads, and backlinks. Personally, my most widely shared content pieces have been interviews and original research articles.
These pieces involve distinct content that cannot be found elsewhere because we have gathered and synthesized it ourselves.
Original research can take various forms:
- Investigative journalism.
- Case studies.
6- Popular Content
The aspiration of every content marketer is for their content to go
viral, but achieving viral status can often feel like a mysterious
Initially, virality became prominent in the realm of social media
videos, with only approximately 1% of videos reaching this highly
However, in present times, any type of content has the potential to go viral.
Crafting trending content that goes viral requires a certain artistry, but here's a general outline of what you should do:
- Stay updated with your industry by using a news or social media aggregator to swiftly gather information.
- Time it perfectly; viral content is meant to create a quick impact, like a fleeting moment.
- Make it remarkable. Inject an unexpected twist that prompts people to take a second look.
- Elicit emotion, whether it be laughter or an "awww" factor.
When it comes to viral content, videos remain a dominant medium
even in the 2020s. They are undeniably the most widely consumed
form of content.
The benefits of video content are widely recognized, but it is worth highlighting them again. Videos are highly advantageous because they:
- Harness the power of visual and audio elements.
- Enhance text or other static content.
- Support SEO efforts through the use of transcripts.
- Can be easily uploaded and shared across various platforms.
- Encourage engagement through comments and shares.